Toptal is one of the most innovative and rapidly expanding tech start-ups from Silicon Valley. With backing from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Adam D’Angelo, our platform is the fastest growing labor marketplace in the history of the Internet—connecting thousands of elite engineers all over the world. In the last four years, Toptal has become the #1 choice for tech companies requiring top-tier engineering talent and for the top 3% of freelancers looking for their next challenge.
We are looking for a PHP Developer motivated about developing web solutions ranging from managing back-end services to handling interchange of data between the server and front-end. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will work both on projects requiring you to directly handle UI and on projects in which a co-worker will handle most of the UI.
By joining the Toptal network, you’ll have the opportunity to work on many client projects ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500s with teams of highly skilled experts from around the world.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Freedom to choose your own schedule and choose from a variety of hourly, part-time, and full-time projects.
- The ability to work from wherever you want. Whether you prefer traveling and working from exotic beaches or spending time with your family and working from home, the choice is yours.
- Access to a thriving, collaborative community of talented peers.
- Invitations to frequent Toptal events going on around the world, including dinners, tech talks, conferences, and more.
- Extremely competitive compensation.
- Integrate user-facing elements developed by front-end developers.
- Handle server/front-end data interchange and work on front-end as needed.
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules.
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges.
- Ensure high performance and optimize speed in the back-end.
- Integrate data storage solutions, including work with databases, key-value stores, blob stores, etc.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks such as Laravel, Yii, etc.
- Deep understanding of MVC design patterns, object-oriented PHP programming, and the fully synchronous behavior of PHP.
- Strong knowledge of the limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds, as well as solutions to common PHP or web server exploits.
- Strong knowledge of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Experience with user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Experience integrating multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Experience creating database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git.
- Be willing to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback.
Apply at https://www.toptal.com/php#apply
Sign up for Job Alerts
Analyst and CoordinatorLiftFundSan Antonio, TX, United StatesMar 27
Real Estate Accounting Associate & Property Management CoordinatorEpic ConsultingSan Antonio, Tx 78205Mar 21
CEO, RealCo AcceleratorRealCo AcceleratorSan Antonio, TX, United StatesMar 20
Sales Development Representative - ChargifyChargifySan Antonio, TX, United StatesMar 15
Editor/Motion Graphics Designer (Full-time) (Downtown San Antonio)Key Ideas IncSan Antonio, TX, United StatesMar 02
Latest from the webjobs by
Physician / Family Practice / Texas / Permanent / FM startup opts in Dallas, TX suburbs JobStaff Physician RecruiterTexas25 Mar
Software Engineer IIIMicroPactUnited States28 Mar
Named Account Manager (NAM) - Sales - SaaS - Analytics & CloudIBMUnited States27 Mar
New Account Specialist (NAS) - Sales - SaaS - AnalyticsIBMUnited States27 Mar
Analytics Portfolio SaaS Leader (Southeast Region)IBMUnited States27 Mar